Dining out for every meal can take a big bite out of your travel budget! Use the following five techniques, however, and you can cut your food costs dramatically:
1. Visit the grocery store. Stock your hotel room with snacks and beverages, to avoid raiding the mini-bar when hunger strikes.
2. Pack your own snacks. Whether you’re on a road trip, or sightseeing, bring along your own snacks. It’s much cheaper than hitting a convenience store or vending machine.
3. Picnic. Instead of eating in a restaurant, picnic in a park or other scenic spot. Pick up cheap and healthy fare at a local market.
4. Avoid tourist traps. Restaurants near popular tourist attractions often charge sky-high prices (and serve sub-par food).
5. Rent a short-stay apartment. If you’re staying longer than a week, consider renting an apartment. Having kitchen facilities can save you a fortune over dining out!