Looking for some frugal entertainment? Check out your local library. You’ll be amazed at all the resources available, absolutely free of charge:
1. Free books. You have access to all the titles at your local branch, plus the more extensive county network.
2. Free CDs. A great opportunity to listen to your favorites, or explore other genres, at no cost.
3. Free movies. Why pay for Blockbuster or Netflix when you can borrow DVDs for free?
4. Free magazines. Curl up in a comfy chair and catch up on your favorite periodicals—without the cost of a subscription.
5. Free internet access. Check your email and surf the web without service fees.
6. Free exhibits. Many libraries stage exhibits of art, rare books, and historical documents.
7. Free workshops. Check your local branch’s bulletin board, or website, for free classes and workshops on a variety of subjects.
8. Free story hours. A wonderful way to entertain your kids, and introduce them to the joy of books.
9. Interlibrary Loan. Fill out a request to obtain materials unavailable in your county system.
10. Online catalogs. Browse from home, and click to request what you’d like to borrow; it’ll be held at your local branch for pick-up.