Love the theater, but hate the high ticket prices? Here’s how to get a Broadway experience on a budget:
* Get rush tickets. Box offices usually release these deeply discounted tickets an hour or two before a performance.
* Be an usher. Volunteer to help with pre- and post-performance duties, and get free admission to the show.
* Go to a community production. Tickets are a fraction of the price of a professional show.
* Get a season subscription. If you’re a true aficionado, consider a season subscription; the savings over individual tickets can be quite substantial.
* Be an early bird. Matinee performances are usually less expensive than evening ones.